Saturday, August 2, 2008

you can't buy faded

my friend sara called me early friday morning and asked for a favor. she's in the midst of a fun project that called for a few photos of her being what she is. i said you have to come right now because i had a wedding that afternoon and saturday and then a week long trip to camp, leaving saturday night . i was a little stressed trying to fit everything in but the shoot was amazing and sara gave me perspective.

this is something i love about sara. she sees things in a way that makes you stop the craziness and reflect- even for a minute. when i told her it was my dream to have my studio in the big red barn on the farm, she looked at it and said "look at that color, you know you just can't buy faded". how true. sometimes we get down on ourselves for the things in our life that aren't brand new, experiences we wish we could take back, wrinkles, tatters, and tears- but i look at that barn which becomes the backdrop of a lot of my photographs and have to smile. it's not brand new, it's faded, but with a characteristic that comes from hard winters, hot summers, wind, and rain- and it's beautiful.





No comments: