Tuesday, May 11, 2010

a sweet reunion

i have missed them so much. i have had people in my life that i've lost touch with but some just sting a little more than others. with nick and robin reconnecting couldn't be sweeter. as i photographed them my heart hurt because i realized how much i have missed my old friends. now that they have moved back to the area i couldn't be more excited.

robin and i swam together in high school. she was amazing; i just tried to stay in her bubbles. being around her made me better. i think nick thinks the same thing, for reasons more important than sprint speed.

nobody has ever made me laugh like nick. i spent a lot of time with him and his family when i was in high school. in fact, my first camera came from nick's dad, jeff. he bought a new camera and had an old minolta he passed on to me. i cherished it. i still do. sometimes i get it out to feel the heft of it, and hear the familiar shutter click that i miss from time to time. just like missing them.

i'm so grateful to be shooting nick and robins wedding this summer and getting the chance to catch up with my old friends. i am so excited for them and their life together. and selfishly i'm excited to have them in my life again!

























2 comments:

Cinda said...

ahhh Nick and Robin...what a beautiful couple!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Mere! You totally captured their spirit! :) Carrie Stephens