Friday, August 6, 2010

counting down

when someone asks the best time to do maternity photos i always say around 7 months. usually you feel pretty good, but you definitely look pregnant and not just poochy. never do i recommend waiting until you are 9 months pregnant....... do as i say right.

so my sweet sweet friends helped me shoot my maternity photos because they were all worried about it not happening. we were quite a team; mandy held the reflector, natalie posed while i set up the shot and made sure the focus and settings were just how i wanted them, then i slipped into the shot and becky photographed. they were all great at giving feedback on when i looked absolutely ridiculous- this is why i love them.

i've got 3 weeks to go, and i can't wait to meet this new little person! so for fun, i thought i'd post a couple shots. i love these photos because of the memories behind them, i love that i look like me- because i was comfortable. i love that my very best friends helped me do them, and that they made me feel so beyond special. it's such a good lesson to be in front of the camera every so often to realize how uncomfortable it really can be, and how incredible.

things i want to remember
the way this baby constantly moves
how deacon talks to the baby and tells them how sweet they are
brandon's excitement
the day i found out- Christmas eve
picking out fabric for girl or boy and leaving the envelope with the person making the bedding
prenatal yoga with brandon
constant conversations with mandy about nutrition and childbirth
lee voi and feeling like a person not just another pregnant lady
praying for this and friends babies
my sprinkle
people loving this baby before they know anything about it
friends and family doing a million projects because they want to help get ready

things i'd like to forget, or remember so i don't do it to others
being sick
back pain
unsolicited advice
random lady at the airport groping me and telling me all about why i would be having a girl or boy
random people at the grocery store adamant of the baby's gender
heart burn
feeling like a beached whale
people making me feel bad for not wanting to find out the sex- personal choice



















8 comments:

Mandy said...

Those are SO good! What a fun memory that evening was. You look so incredibly beautiful pregnant and I think that's exactly what these pictures reflect. Love you!

Jen said...

Ditto Mandy...every word.

celeste said...

beautiful! what a hot, happy and healthy momma!

Unknown said...

O my goodness Meredith, I love these pictures! You are beautiful. I am so excited for you and baby #2. Hope everything is going well with your amazing family, I miss you!!!

Amy Parker said...

How beautiful you are!!!! I love them...

Jaime said...

STUNNING!

Peggy said...

Meredith, I love everything about your blog. It's like reading a favorite book that I can't put down. The pictures of you are beyond beautiful; please keep them coming after your little one arrives. I think it's better to not know the sex of your baby - takes something special from the moment you actually deliver. My best to you and your family.

Unknown said...

beautiful girl! Love the boots :) Good luck and hopefully you will be in the delivery room with in the next few days getting ready to meet your new son or daughter! :) Love you!