Friday, April 15, 2011

broo-SKEH-tah

Bruschetta- there's a K sound people. it's not nearly as annoying as hearing giada de laurentiis (who my son loves) say speghetti, i promise.

one of my goals for 2011 was to learn a new skill. i decided i wanted to learn something new in the kitchen- i LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook for people and wanted to learn some techniques.

my friend carly invited me to a cooking class at bella napoli in brookside. amazing- and well timed, thank you carly klock. if you've not been to bella napoli, go there- you will love it. call and thank me later.

our instructor, alex, showed off his mad kitchen skills starting with bruschetta. he roasted red peppers, which i believe next to hummus are my favorite food- in fact i love them so much i put them in my hummus and eat a whole whole lot of it.

then we made gnocchi! i love gnocchi. (the g is silent friends) boiled potatoes made into a beautiful dough, rolled out, cut into cute little pieces, boiled and devoured by yours truly.

2 sauces- a basic tomato-a-mazing. and brown butter with sage and walnuts. had i no self restraint i would have picked up the bowl and licked the remainder of the sauce- but i'm a lady, sometimes, so i didn't.

i had a great time, met some new friends (including this cool girl) and laughed with old ones.

i've had a lot of coffee this morning-sorry.







































3 comments:

carlyklock said...

I love the pic of darling Brandi and the one of the little lonely gnocchi! Thanks, Mere!

Anonymous said...

Just looking at your pictures makes me hungry! I want to try this place out!

Amanda McCoy said...

Your right, EVERYONE should try Bella Napoli. Your class looks super fun! Hugs.