Monday, February 1, 2010

new life

when a new life takes its first breath, it's like the world stops. just for as long as that breath flows in and back out, then the clock ticks again. when deacon was born i remember him looking straight into my eyes like he was very sure of who i was. he looked wise.

i've waited with her. i held her hand when they weren't sure if his heartbeat would be found. i've prayed over and over for this baby, this mother. for months, i watched from the sidelines, hoping she would be okay. today i was there to see the miracle.

my heart broke with her pain, and i worried while we waited for him to arrive into that first breath. and when he did, time stopped. jack. he looked wise, calm and sure, why wouldn't he be.

congratulations ben and natalie. he really is God's greatest gift.




















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

The Gutierrez Gang said...

Meredith! What an amazing entry. I loved how you captured so much love in your pictures!! It's like I could feel the emotions coming out. Especially in the first picture of her breathing through a cx. ;) Or at least that's what it looked to be happening to me.Thanks for posting these so we could all see baby Jack! You're the best!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing record of this precious life!! Congrats to Ben, Natalie and their beautiful family!!

Jen said...

I love this. Absolutely wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I about the list inform should acquire more info then it has.