Tuesday, March 16, 2010

sweet baby bird

he doesn't understand social graces and language comes in the form of screams and cries. we might look at him as though he has so much to learn, even so much potential. i think in him is a wisdom we lose as we grow. he understands what he needs and will cry until he gets it.

i don't do that. i rely on myself until i'm so frustrated i give up, and then i cry, to myself. i try to hide my dark places, the things i struggle with even though they are probably pretty visible to most. how much better would it be to be honest? to openly admit, i'm not enough on my own. to understand my brokenness, and be okay with it. i'm not sure when it happens, but i hope for jack he can cling to the wisdom of his infant days. this sweet baby bird.

















1 comment:

The Gutierrez Gang said...

truth be told i've been checking every day to see the pics of sweet Jack! Great work Meredith you are amazing! I love the nest pics!