Saturday, February 21, 2009

meredith gutshall? ; here


a week in the sunshine can do a lot for a person, me in particular. there's something about walking along the beach early in the morning that gives me fresh perspective. maybe it was the way the sun would rise and warm my back as i walked, maybe it was my morning visits with the man with the metal detector, or maybe it was just the quiet waves making their way in for the day; whatever it was reminded me to be present. it's a funny thing to ponder, being present in your own life. but how many times do we drive down the interstate, put together peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, make conference calls, or walk through the grocery store with something else in mind. a longing for something that's not what we are doing at that moment. so maybe it takes a week in maui to see that what i have at home needs my utmost attention, that it's important, all of it.

today in yoga class my teacher had 5 words tension, needs attention, to give action which brings balance that gives us well-being. i thought it coupled with my thought and wanted to share it. if we are not completely there how can we recognize this tension to bring us to well-being?

my life is worth being present, how about yours?






































2 comments:

Tom said...

Hi Meredith....I LOVE reading your blog and seeing the fresh pictures that you post on this site. Each entry tops the last one....how good are you going to get??? :)))

Tom(my)

Anonymous said...

love, love, love these photos. it was so good to see you yesterday. i know it was really special for mom and dad. can't wait to see the photos. lucy took a nap afterwards and was instantly turned back into the sunny baby we know and love. sigh.