Thursday, May 7, 2009

ten years ago

i got a birthday card in the mail from a friend that said, it's so weird to be thirty- how did it happen?" that's exactly how i feel. i'm not having a mental break down about it, but it's just i can't believe i've lived this much life and i'm hoping that i haven't been wasting it.

my friend jason asked me, "ten years ago what did you think you'd be like when you were thirty?"
i've been thinking on that one for a couple of days, and the thing is, i didn't think i had very much to offer when i was 20. but i'm sitting here this morning excited about all the cool things i've gotten to experience in 30 years. and although it's probably not where i thought i'd be, it's so much better.

i'm still 7 year old meredith on the inside, i still like to twirl long dresses, climb trees, and sing at the top of my lungs. i don't take myself too seriously but expect a lot more of myself than ever before because now i know i'm capable of so much more than i ever thought.

so i'm taking the day off, going to the royals game with my family and hoping to ride the carousel if they'll let me.

thanks to you for supporting me and for all the sweet birthday wishes!

Happy Birthday Daddy Dub, there's no one else i'd rather share my birthday with, love you!
xoxo

2 comments:

Jaime said...

where was that photo taken? i want to do that! Hope your day was wonderful!

McDaniels said...

Happy 30th! Did you get to ride the carousel? :)