Wednesday, November 12, 2008

doot do do- hello logan!

when i was in high school we worked on projects in groups a lot. during one of those occasions we were building something that required toilet paper, paper towel, and wrapping paper tubes. one of the kids in my group asked me to pass him a doot do do. i had no idea what he was talking about- but he grabbed the tube from my hand put it up to his mouth and made the royal introduction sound. ah- i got it. well i always thought that was pretty funny and so now my house is full of tiny doot do dos for deacon to play with- he loves them.

so while i was photographing the arrival of logan his awesome big brother carson was fascinated with his dad flicking the bottom of a yogart container and making it fly across the room. he laughed and chased it countless times. that got me thinking about my doot do dos. so we all had our turn with the yogart cup calling to some imaginary king somewhere, then it became a hat, and who knows what else after i left. isn't it great that you can have a basket full of toys but the thing that gets their attention is working on it's second life?




















No comments: