Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a backyard full of friends

when i left my job in advertising a couple of years ago i had an idea of what i wanted being self employed to look like. i wanted to be more present as a mother and i wanted to invest in people on a deep level. fast forward to now and i feel like my life is a constant schedule and those investments are not as deep as i hoped.

being a photographer really is my life long dream, but being a small business owner keeps me tethered to my computer and phone more often than not. i'm not complaining, i love what i do, but i want to be more diligent in un-scheduling my life. it's important to me to have opportunities to love people by spending time together, even if it's at a moments notice.

today felt like i was making headway. 40 friends, pb&j, and the slip and slide. although it was scheduled, connecting with old friends and new felt like the best way to spend a morning.


































2 comments:

Emily said...

Evidence of Owen's first juice box! Love it!

Sara Lazio said...

My Holly....Love the whole thing! Looks like a blast. Another reason I wish we were closer