Sunday, October 11, 2009

i take it back

what happened to a day of rest? when people spent a day worshipping and connecting to their family.

i don't know how it happened. i remember sunday afternoons when i was little. stripping off those horrible tights, that had a hole or two by the time church as over, putting on sweats and eating a tuna fish sandwich on white bread with ruffles potato chips. casey kasem counting down the hits of the week over the radio on Q104.

what did my parents know that i didn't? when did i start thinking a day of rest wasn't important for me, or for my family. well, i change my mind. on a cold sunday afternoon, i again stripped off my church clothes- sans the tights, made chocolate chip cookies with deacon, delivered them to a friend i was missing, and cuddled on the couch with my little family begrudgingly watching football. i'm taking back sunday.







No comments: