Thursday, October 22, 2009

where nicknames come from

i have very early memories of laura. her perfect penmanship and ponytail. her kind heart, white blond hair, crystal eyes, and confident spirit. in my first grade heart i wanted to be just like her because she was everything i just couldn't seem to be.

we didn't see each other much until i made the cheerleading squad my freshman year and she became my big sis. somehow in the midst of all the creative gifts she made, she misspelled my name in puffy paint. i was from then on known as merd. she gave me a name, and everyone followed her lead, because people can't help but want to be like her. (thankfully the name pretty much went away around my senior year!)

i still think laura is one of the most fascinating people i know. not because she has one particular thing that makes her a stand out, it's the same thing that drew me to her when i was little. i may never put my finger on it but she is a remarkable person, and now mother. i should have known, but watching her play with and love on her boys made my day.

laura designed my christmas cards for me this year. they are beautiful, like i said she has so much talent. if you need design work please contact her. she can do anything from birth announcements to marketing materials. you will love knowing her as much as i do. click here to see them.

Contact Info
Laura Hulett
donaldlaura@hotmail.com
850-512-4886





























No comments: