Thursday, November 12, 2009

wisdom of a first grader

lauren: you remind me of my babysitter. but she's not my baby sitter anymore, because she got married.

me: oh? you lose more good babysitters that way.

lauren: are you married?

me: yes, and i even have a little boy.

lauren: oh, wow. i thought you were a teenager.

me: well, thank you, that's a compliment.

lauren: why is that a compliment, don't you want to be older?

me: it's silly isn't it? after you get older, you wish you looked younger. because you get wrinkles. maybe i should like my wrinkles.

lauren: you don't have wrinkles.

me: do you want to be my best friend?





















2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG- How freaking cute are they!? And I love your convo with the little girl. Hilarious-

Brooke Boddicker said...

Seriously, laughed out loud at the convo, ha! Your pics are as beautiful as ever:)